CareersBe part of the greatest team in Ottawa!
Interested in a fulfilling role with an incredible team?
Alavida Lifestyles is a leading organization of senior and retirement communities in Ottawa. We make a difference in people’s lives, treat each other as family, live our values, provide a supportive culture, listen and adapt to the needs of our residents, commit to a safe work environment, reward excellence and provide exciting opportunities to develop, grow and advance in your career.
If you are interested in joining our Promenade team, and your experience and skills are a fit with one of our positions, we invite you to submit your resume and cover letter by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Prep Cook (Part-Time)
Alavida Lifestyles, a company of luxurious and well-respected Retirement Residences, serving seniors in the Ottawa community has an opening for a Part Time Cook/Prep Cook for its Promenade Retirement Residence. Reporting to the Hospitality Manager, the cook is accountable for the following: 1. Preparation of high quality, nutritious meals according to the menu plan, and the requirements of the RHRA 2. Plating all meals and ensuring Resident food preferences are respected 3. Keeping the kitchen area and equipment clean 4. Maintaining a safe working environment at all times 5. Working collaboratively with all Food Services associates.
- Red Seal
- Certification in Food Preparation designation from accredited school
- Minimum 3 years experience in retirement, hospital or hotel setting in volume food preparation
- Experienced baker of bread, cookies and desserts
- Knowledge of special and therapeutic diets
- Familiar with weights and measurements, recipe conversion and portion control
- Completion of Safe Food Handlers Certification course
- Knowledge of Ontario Food Premises Regulation and Canada’s Food Guide
- Ability to work within and promote a team environment
- Must enjoy working with Residents
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Must be able to read, write and understand English
- Highly organized and able to work independently
- Is a competent person as defined by the Occupational Health & Safety Act.
- A valid security police check is required.
- Must be available to work nights, alternate weekends and special occasions
Personal Support Worker (Casual and Part-Time)
We are looking for Personal Support Workers who have their current PSW Certificate, availability to work days, evenings, nights, weekends, have the ability to work independently as well as part of a team, well-developed interpersonal skills, excellent organizational skills, effective problem-solving and conflict management skills, ability to work well within a changing environment, demonstrated appreciation for customer service, and current CPR certificate.
If you are interested in joining our Park Place team, and your experience and skills are a fit with one of our positions, we invite you to submit your resume and cover letter by email to: email@example.com
Part Time Activity Aide
Job Description: Performs duties involving the implementation and planning of events and activities with direction from the Recreation Manager, which meet physical, mental and psycho-social needs and interests of the residents.
Duties and Responsibilities: The employee is required to be able to perform the essential functions of the job with minimal supervision. The following functions are considered essential to this position:
- Responsible for the planning and implementation of activities that meet resident’s specific needs, including large groups, small groups, and individual participation.
- Maintain documentation as required by RHRA regulations
- Assist with Resident activity assessments and evaluations.
- Tend the Bar during Happy Hour
- Lead group fitness classes.
- Escort Residents on outings when needed
- Front Desk coverage.
- Will be expected to participate in Department in-service training.
- Great organizational, communication and social skills while displaying a pleasant and mature personality.
- Must have previous experience planning and implementing activities for seniors.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Diploma in Recreation & Leisure Services or equivalent.
- Must be able to move furniture and lift 40lbs.
- Must be able to work independently and with limited supervision as well as being able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Must having dementia training and/or experience working with individuals who have dementia
Total of 15.5 hours bi-weekly with the possibility to pick up extra hours
Job Type: Part-time
working with seniors: 1 year
Pastry Chef (Part-Time, Overnight)
Do you have a keen eye for measuring and mixing? Strong knowledge of the effects of various baking temperatures on food? Knowledge of baking for seniors? Are your treats tasty? If so, we would love to hear from you!
Registered Practical Nurse (Temporary, Part-Time, Day/Evening)
Be part of our caring, fun-loving team! Core Functions: Nursing care within scope of practice in accordance with the CNO. Conducts comprehensive assessments on residents & initiates remedial health measures. Administers medications (CNO standards). Maintains accurate, complete, confidential clinical records & a physical/psychosocial environment for residents. Tactful and courteous.
Qualifications: Registered Practical Nurse with CNO (current). Valid security/police check.
All expressions of interest are appreciated. However only selected candidates will be contacted for interviews and will be supplied with additional role and company information.
If you are interested in joining our Ravines team, and your experience and skills are a fit with one of our positions, we invite you to submit your resume and cover letter by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking for a Receptionist that provides great customer service, manages the lobby area and graciously greets community visitors, addresses questions and concerns appropriately, provides support to the business office team, and has patience, tact, and a cheerful disposition.
Alavida Lifestyles Corporate Office
There are no opportunities at this time, please check back.